The San Patricio Ancient Collegiate Church is the main temple in the city, built between the XVI and XVIII centuries, in commemoration of the victory reached in the Battle of Aporchones on 17th March 1452 (St. Patrick’s Day), between the inhabitants of the city and Muslim troops from Granada.
It was declared a National Artistic Historical site by decree on 27th January 1941. It is worth greatly appreciating its Baroque Main Entrance and its Renaissance interior which consists of three naves with12 lateral chapels 8 in the Retro-choir, High Choir, Trans-choir, Vestry, as well as the Main Altar.
This is one of the most important points in our history, since King Don Fernando swore to guard the municipal charters of Lorca before the door of the church. Today it is home to the "Lorca Workshop of Time" visitors centre.
SANTO DOMINGO GROUP OF MONUMENTS
Built in the XVIII Century and is currently the venue of the Paso Blanco Embroidery Museum.
One of the most famous buildings in the city. It is well worth visiting its interior patio.
GARCÍA DE ALCARAZ COAT OF ARMS
One of the most important coat-of-arms of the XVI century
ARTS AND CRAFTS CENTRE
Lorca is the land of craftsmen. Ceramics, embroidery, leather or glass amongst other disciplines, are present in our town. In the Arts and Crafts Centre some of the most famous articles in our culture are on show and on sale.
XIX century building, it is the oldest theatre in the region.
SAN FRANCISCO CHURCH AND PASO AZUL MUSEUM
Almost nothing remains of the primitive architecture (1565) since it underwent a total reform at the end of the XVIII century. The façade of classicist lines was finished in 1638. Its interior is distinguished by the extraordinary group of baroque alter-pieces. It has been a National Monument since 1982.
PLAZA DE ESPAÑA
The Main Square, designed in the XVI century, constitutes the monumental enclave for excellence. It acquired its final shape during the first decade of the XVIII century. Regarded as the "centre of power", the Council, the Chapter House and the Magistrates Office buildings were situated there, as well as others intended for services, such as two granaries, the prison and the market.
Fortress of Arab origin which towers above the whole city. After the prehistoric cultures the Iberian and Roman cultures arrived, in these lands one of the glorious periods was lived - the Middle Ages (711-1492). From this period the magnificent and unconquerable Fortress of the Sun (Lorca Castle) remains, where the Jewish quarter can be found and its greatest treasure which has been recently discovered, the Synagogue.
The two towers which are preserved today, the Alfonsina and the Espolón, are Christian buildings built between the XIII and XV centuries.
NARCISO YEPES CONSERVATORY OF MUSIC
Also known as "Colegio de la Purísima", it was founded by the Abbot Arcos Moreno in 1779. In 1788 it delivered university studies similar to those of the University of Granada. On the patio, a sculpture represents the prestigious world famous guitarist "Narciso Yepes", undoubtedly the most famous artist of the city.
MERCEDARIAN MOTHERS CONVENT
Recently restored, it has preserved a wall canvas from XIII Century from the Almohad period.
Rebuilt in 1745, this church, originally from XV century has preserved some dalmatic embroideries from the XVI century, a small size Nazarene belonging to Roque López and a canvas attributed to the Lorca painter Camacho Felices.
Remains of the importance of the city during the Roman period, currently crowned by an image of San Vicente Ferrer.
SAN ANTONIO PORCH
This is the only doorway of the old wall that has survived (XIII century). On its interior we can see paintings referring to San Antonio de Padua.
VIRGEN DE LAS HUERTAS CONVENT
The patron of the city can be found inside here. Wall paintings about the life of the Franciscans are featured and the dogma of the Immaculate Conception.
PASO AZUL EMBROIDERY MUSEUM: Calle Nogalte
PASO BLANCO EMBROIDERY MUSEUM – MUBBLA: Calle Santo Domingo
PASO ENCARNADO EMBROIDERY MUSEUM: Plaza de la Estrella
PASO MORADO EMBROIDERY MUSEUM: Calle Nogalte
GUEVARA PALACE: Calle Lope Gisbert
MUNICIPAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM: Plaza Juan Moreno